What Is Google Keyword Planner?
Google Keyword Planner is a tool provided by Google that helps advertisers and website owners discover relevant keywords and phrases that can be used in their online advertising campaigns or website content. It allows users to enter a word or phrase related to their product or service and then provides a list of suggested keywords and their search volume, competition, and estimated cost-per-click (CPC). This information can help users optimize their content and advertising campaigns by choosing keywords that are relevant, have a high search volume, and are not too competitive or expensive. The Google Keyword Planner is free to use, but users must have a Google Ads account to access it.
How to Set Up Google Keyword Planner
To set up Google Keyword Planner, you’ll need a Google Ads account. Here’s how to get started:
Go to the Google Ads website and sign in with your Google account.
Click on the “Tools & Settings” menu in the top right corner and select “Keyword Planner” under the “Planning” section.
If you haven’t created any campaigns yet, you’ll be prompted to choose your campaign goal. You can skip this step by clicking on “Create a campaign without a goal’s guidance.”
You’ll be taken to the Keyword Planner dashboard. From here, you can enter a word or phrase related to your product or service in the “Discover new keywords” field.
You can then filter your results by location, language, and date range to get more specific keyword ideas.
You can also enter a competitor’s website to see what keywords they’re targeting.
Once you’ve found some keywords you want to use, you can add them to your plan by clicking on the “+” icon next to each one.
You can then review your plan and see estimated metrics like search volume, competition, and estimated cost-per-click.
That’s it! With Google Keyword Planner, you can get valuable insights into what keywords people are searching for and use that information to optimize your content and advertising campaigns.
Google Keyword Planner PPC Use Cases
Google Keyword Planner is a valuable tool for PPC (pay-per-click) advertising campaigns. Here are some of the ways you can use it for PPC:
- Keyword research: Keyword Planner can help you find new keywords and phrases related to your products or services. You can use these keywords to create ad groups and campaigns that target specific search terms and reach your target audience.
- Campaign planning: Keyword Planner can help you estimate the potential traffic and cost of your campaigns. You can use this information to plan your budget and bid strategies to get the most out of your ad spend.
- Ad group organization: Keyword Planner can help you group your keywords into relevant ad groups. By organizing your keywords into smaller, focused groups, you can create more targeted and effective ad campaigns.
- Ad copy creation: Keyword Planner can help you identify the language and terminology your target audience uses when searching for products or services like yours. You can use this information to create ad copy that speaks directly to their needs and interests.
- Competitive analysis: Keyword Planner can help you analyze the keywords your competitors are targeting. You can use this information to identify gaps in your own PPC strategy and adjust your campaigns to better compete for clicks and conversions.
Overall, Google Keyword Planner is a versatile tool that can help you optimize your PPC campaigns, attract more qualified leads, and generate more revenue for your business.
- What Are Keywords? How to Use Them for SEO
- What is a Backlink? How to Get More Backlinks
- Technical SEO: Basics and Best Practices
- Off-page SEO: A Guide to Off-Page SEO Strategy
- On-Page SEO: What It Is and How to Do It
- SEO Keywords: How Better Keyword Research Gets You Better Results
- All in One SEO – Best WordPress SEO Plugin – Easily Improve SEO Rankings & Increase Traffic